Conexiones 2015 Summer & Fall Programs
Spanish Day Camps + Spanish and French Enrichment Programs + Spanish and French Family Classes + Rainforest Family Camps + Cultural Immersion Experiences + Spanish Play Care + Costa Rica Family Camp = YAY!
Read on for more info and to see what is new!
Some weekly and day camp spots still available!
A unique summer program that connects children to nature, cultural diversity, the arts and each other through lots of experiential AVENTURAS (field trips 3 times per week), coupled with creative, eco-cultural, and play-based activities in a beautiful play studio in the old oak forest a top Sobrante Ridge.
ALL WHILE LEARNING SPANISH TOO!!
Units/themes on the UNIVERSO, ANIMALES, ARTE, MURALES and more!
Complimentary shuttle to/from San Pablo and Berkeley.
AVENTURAS Day Camp (Fall 2015)
Spanish through eco-cultural expeditions, art, play and more!
Get your child out of the home/classroom at least once a week! Children ages 3-9 enjoy bilingual (Spa/Eng) field trips of discovery and adventure (aka AVENTURAS) to SF Bay Area eco-cultural destinations – forests, museums, protected areas, coupled with creative play time at Kimba’s Play Studio. This award winning program will expand your child’s mind and build their self-confidence as they joyfully discover the greater, amazing world and connect with nature, cultural diversity, the arts, their creative inner selves and more!
- Wednesdays, and/or Thursdays
- Aug. 24-Dec. 18, 2015
- Complimentary shuttle to/from San Pablo (8:35/5:15) and Berkeley (9am/5:30pm) for up to 6 students
- Full Day: $84-105/day sliding scale
- Be a parent helper and get up to 100% off!*
- Childcare Lic. 073407624
- For more info, click here
- To apply, click here
*Parent helpers must be Tb tested and undergo a fingerprint clearance.
Offered year-round, upon request
A great after-school experience for growing and curious minds!
A fun and culturally enriching program, whereas students learn Spanish through joyful journeys around their local community that includes:
- exploration (on foot and public transit) of their local community and its cultural and natural resources – this may include tasting different ethnic foods, volunteering, and learning about and from local residents that speak Spanish – i.e. interviews with the tortilla maker or a visit to the local salsa class teacher.
- art activities and art projects that can be carried out outdoors at local parks and green spaces. This will include temporary art installations such as chalk murals and nature art (i.e. stone towers, mandalas made of twigs, etc). Photos will help capture these art projects for parents
- music, songs, poetry and stories
- cultural games and play-based activities (age-appropriate).
Request this program for your school or group of friends! Or join an existing pod wanting to be formed*
These East Bay elementary schools have other parents wanting this program after school for the Fall semester, but need a few more students to make it happen:
Berkeley Arts Magnet
Jefferson Elementary School
Malcolm X Elementary School
Oxford Elementary School
Washington Elementary School
Valley View Elementary School
Montclair Elementary School
Spanish Play Studio for Tots and Preschoolers (year-round)
Conexiones has partnered with two excellent home-based childcare providers serving the Berkeley and I-80 Corridor to Pinole area. They have adopted our unique approach and curriculum that combines intentional Spanish immersion, play-based learning, the arts, sustainability values, nonviolent communication and peace education!
1. Kimba’s Play Studio on Live Oak Circle on Sobrante Ridge –
- Accepting new children ages 18m+ for Fall Term – Aug. 24 to Dec. 18, 2015
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays
- Open 9:30-5:30pm (morning shuttle from Berkeley/San Pablo available)
- Flex enrollment options – only one day per week OK!
- 2014 recipient of Best of the East Bay Silver Medal for childcare.
2. Dina’s Play Studio on Alan Ct. in San Pablo –
- Accepting new babies and tots ages 1m+ starting in May 2015
- Open year round M-F, 7am-6pm
- Flex enrollement options
- Tel. 510.275.3505
Offered year-round at requesting schools, cultural centers, etc.
Language through art, dance, music, cultural games, and more!
Spanish immersion workshops for children, whereas they learn Spanish or French through songs, music, cultural games, and communal and individual art projects. Older students learn through the elaboration of videos and ebooks using new media. This unique eco-cultural program introduces children to the arts and eco-cultural values, while at the same time teaching them basic Spanish or French vocabulary, such as the numbers, colors and letters. This program has been offered at the Children´s Creativity Museum, Creative Arts Charter School, AltSchool, Valley View Elementary School, and Precita Eyes Muralists.
It can be offered at your site, community center or home too! Request it today! Click here for more info on bringing it to your site!
Potential sites with parents already interested (we just need a few more students to make it happen!):
1. Kimba’s Play Studio on Sobrante Ridge, Tu, Wed, and/or Thurs., 3-5pm (ages 3-8)
2. Precita Eyes Muralists Studio on Precita Ave. in San Francisco, TBD (schedule to be determined by interested students).
To learn more and request this program for your site, click here
Beta for 2015-2016: French Through the Arts Classes – same concept, but in French!
Family Spanish Classes
Offered year-round, upon request
Learn Spanish with your children! Children learn Spanish faster when they see their parents learning alongside them! This is a great bonding experience and really gets children (and parents) excited about another language and culture. A private teacher can come to your home for an hour class as many times per week as you’d like for evening or weekend private Spanish classes! Invite a neighbor family to join in the fun! Offered for East Bay and San Francisco families (Max of 11 students per class). Submit contact form below for information on these private classes.
Another or additional option is to travel to one of our sister schools in Costa Rica, Instituto Asis, and take Spanish classes while also living with a Costa Rican host family! 1-4 week programs available year round! Email us to help you register or contact them directly – but don´t forget to tell them you learned about them through us to receive a 5% discount! www.InstitutoAsis.com
Beta for 2015-2016: Family French Classes – same concept, but in French!
Eco-cultural immersion experience available year-round in Costa Rica for families and groups
Private groups and families are invited to visit our sister camp, Three Seeds Eco-Education Camp, a working organic family farm deep in the Costa Rican countryside (open year-round) and play int he rainforest, enjoy farm-to-fork workshops and live with a local host family or stay in a river-front private camping cabin or home. Three Seeds is located within Buenaventura Park and on the border of the Parque Nacional los Quetzales. Your hosts, the Saenz-Newton family, grow most of their own food organically using a combination of local indigenous knowledge and progressive permaculture techniques, and they offer workshops to locals and visiting families and groups (ages 3 and up). They grow fields of beans & corn, make their own cheese and they also cultivate dozens of different types of vegetables and medicinal & culinary herbs year round. They also nourish their family and visitors with the 150 fruit trees, including mangos, avodados, oranges, star fruit, papaya and various types of bananas. Three Seeds has provided workshops and classes to hundreds of families and student groups from all over the world, including university groups, high schools and local public and private schools. View photos of a 3rd Grade and 6th Grade field trips to this hidden corner of Costa Rica.
- Organic cooking, herb, plant and permaculture workshops
- Private cabinas
- Swimming, waterfalls, soccer
- Wildlife and bird-viewing
- Nourishment for body and soul
- Open year round!
- For more info, click here
Access the no-obligation application to all of our programs by clicking here
Questions? Comments? General inquiries? Please fill out this form: