AVENTURAS+ Summer Camp connects children to nature, cultural diversity, the arts and each other through lots of experiential AVENTURAS (field trips), coupled with creative, eco-cultural, and play-based activities…
ALL WHILE LEARNING SPANISH TOO!!
NATURE + COMMUNITY + THE ARTS + NATURAL SCIENCES + EXPLORATION
ADVENTURES + SPANISH + CULTURE + ECOLOGY + PLAY + DISCOVERY + JOY
This special outdoor education program helps students explore the weekly theme and Spanish vocabulary that goes along with it in a hands-on way. Weekly themes include the universe, water, animals, plants, art, culture, muralism, and more! Each year we mix things up a bit for returning students to have new adventures of discovery. Past destinations include the DeYoung Museum, Lawrence Hall of Science, NASA Ames Research Center, Muir Woods, Muir Beach, the Marine Mammal Rescue Center, Lindsay Wildlife Museum, Chabot Space and Science Center, Oakland Museum of Californ, Rotary Nature Center, Little Farm, Precita Eyes Muralist Center, Lake Chabot, and many, many more!
In addition to TONS of field trips to Bay Area cultural and natural spaces (2-3 per week), activities include a variety of arts/play stations, games, songs, art projects, nature walks, journaling activities, stories, music, cultural games, play-acting, puppets, projects, ebook creation, etc. Like in Montessori classrooms, when at our forest base-camp (aka Kimba´s Play Studio) children can choose what they want to spend their time on. Most campers are 4-8 years old. Older campers (> 9yrs. old) can be Jr. Camp Counselors or Camp Counselors and earn a Certificate of Completion, community service hours, and a letter of recommendation for their resumes and school applications!
Please take a moment to read the philosophy of this special program – we think you will agree that the experiences we produce with love for our campers are very special, which is why we have received numerous awards** and great reviews! – Click here
You may also want to watch a short video of a day in the life of an Aventuras Summer Camper!
Summer Campers can enroll by the day or by the week. Since this is also a year-round day camp, continuing students will have first choice on days they wish to add during the summer and then we will send an email to those on our priority enrollment list*
- Dates: June 13 – Aug. 12, 2016
- Priority list* enrollment begins on Feb. 20, 2016
- Small and intimate group size – max of 8 students
- Max 1:4 teacher/student ratio on field trips and 1:6 at base camp.
- For ages 3.5-8yrs old
- Children over 9 years old are Jr. Camp Counselors and children over 13 are Camp Counselors
- Monday through Friday
- Families can choose just one day per week or add drop-in days or weeks.
- We also offer make-up days if your child ends up being absent or your plans change = Wow!
- Full Day Camp: 9:30am-5pm
- Complimentary shuttle to/from Berkeley Marina (9:10am/5:30pm) and Richmond/San Pablo (8:50am/5:10pm)
- Carbon-offset credits purchased for gas used by Honda Odyssey minivan.
- Base Camp – childcare licensed facility with a fully equipped ¨play studio¨ and an ¨eco-park¨ on an acre of old oak forest on Sobrante Ridge overlooking SF and San Pablo Bays (Lic. 73407624)
- $84-$105 per day, with sliding scale for low-income families, 10% sibling and volume discounts.
- Tuition includes (mostly) organic, healthy lunches and 3 snacks per day, all entrance fees, all art supplies, nature journals and more! (Sometimes we go to a restaurant to try an ethnic food, and organic is not always possible during these type of outings).
- Parent helper work-trade opportunities to reduce tuition by up to 90%!
- Complement this special program with a capstone experience – plan your family trip to our Costa Rica camp today! Click here
*Want to be on our list for priority enrollment? Simply fill out the form at the bottom of this page and you will receive an email before we open up enrollment to the general public!
Why not start before the summer? We offer AVENTURAS Day Camp year-round too (2 x per week) – click here to learn more about AVENTURAS Day Camp!
**VOTED: Best Language and Cultural Immersion Camp, Best Afterschool and Enrichment Program, and Best Childcare!
Priority Enrollment Sign-up